The News Opener welcomes unsolicited contributions from experienced analysts and writers. You should be an authority on the subject you are writing about. Submissions should be original work exclusive to The News Opener.
Remember, we are a news analysis site. We do not publish commentary or op-eds. The value-added we provide our readers is thorough, accessible explanations of what’s happening in our world and why it matters. You are free to include your opinion in your submissions, but it must be constructive, not polemical.
We reserve the right to edit submissions for accuracy, clarity, grammar, and style.
- Length: Articles should be between 800 and 1000 words in length.
- Style: Please keep the tone analytical and conversational. We are not an academic journal.
- Citations: Please provide both in-text and link citations for all factual claims and ideas that are derived from the work of others. We have a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism.
- Email us pitches or completed articles at: Thenewsopener@gmail.com.
- Include the word “Pitch” at the beginning of your email subject, followed by the topic of your article.
- In the email body, provide your full name, affiliation, a brief bio, links to previous publications, and a detailed pitch or completed draft.
- Please do not submit attachments. We will not open any attachments. Copy and paste all material into the text of your email.