Good governance is one of the vital factors behind the development and success of any country. And India is one of the most progressive countries that are on the path to success owing to good governance.
To achieve complete transparency and accountability to ensure the ease of living for Indian citizens, the Government came up with a new portal E Sampada. It was launched on 25th December 2020, the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
E Sampada is a one-stop portal to help manage all Government related estate services. Unlike the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), where eligible income-based applicants can apply, E Sampada is only for eligible Government officials. Let’s know about the basics of E- Sampada in this post!
What is the E- Sampada portal?
The E – Sampada portal is an online platform for allotment and booking of accommodation for residences and real estate to eligible officials across India. It is a combination of 4 different portals earlier launched and two apps made for the same. Unlike the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana where ordinary citizens can apply for affordable houses, only Government officials may book their real estate properties.
E – Sampada comes under the Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA), Government of India.
Who can use E – Sampada portal?
Only employees of Central and State Governments, PSUs, autonomous and statutory bodies are allowed to use this portal. Ordinary citizens who think they have PMAY eligibility can apply under it are ineligible for it. It is not for ordinary citizens of India.
- Central Government employees.
- State Government employees.
- Autonomous bodies.
- Statutory bodies.
- State PSUs and Central PSUs and more.
What are the features of E – Sampada?
The motive behind the launch of this online portal was to help any Government official across states in India in booking their real estate. In turn, it leads to administrative cost-cutting, saving of paperwork, time-saving, resources saving and encouragement of a cashless system. Some of the key features of the E – Sampada portal include:
- The primary service of this portal will be allotment, booking and management of residential and real estate properties of the Government of India.
- Around 1.10 lakh Government residential accommodation at 40 diverse locations.
- Office space allotment of 1.25 crore square feet in 45 office spaces centred in 28 different locations.
- 1,176 holiday home rooms and suites at 62 areas across the length and breadth of India.
- Booking of 5 Ashoka Road and Vigyan Bhawan.
- The booking of spaces like Kidwai Nagar (East) Lawns, New Delhi, Fagli Club, Shimla and more for social functions.
Service automation and uniform processes under E Sampada
- All services made available on eAwas.
- The application, allotment and NAC for office space allotment.
- Check in based on OTP and check out at holiday homes across the country.
- Collaboration with PFMS for the purpose of license fee recovery and dues.
- Online hearing and the submission of documents.
What services users can avail of on E – Sampada portal?
- The submission of the application for allotment of any services being rendered by the portal.
- Once registered, every user gets to access a customized dashboard.
- The regularization and retention services check is made possible.
- No due certificate application made possible.
- Provides the users with a virtual experience.
The E- Sampada portal is also available as a mobile app. This way, beneficiaries other than Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, can access all available services on their phones. Checking the application status, seeing real-time reports and other services on smartphones is now made a reality.
Read more related articles.