Machine learning has transformed the whole education system, and its most significant impact is yet to be seen in Studies. So what will be the new transformation to studies for students?
So the question arises can machine learning be involved in helping the education system change and improve education? In case, if you’re curious to learn more about the future face of education, read this article to learn more about everything.
Scroll down to read more!!!
What is machine learning?
Machine learning is a more advanced application or you can say a version of artificial intelligence. It helps the system to learn from experience. It is not even being programmed or arranged to perform a specific task. It’s a learning system that improves over time.
As with time many companies and education institutes are getting involved in tech and are focusing on bringing new machine learning education technology and discovering their possibilities.
So it can’t be denied that machine learning is helping institutes and companies to differentiate themselves. However, with such major advancements in ML algorithms, it is believed that it will for sure change the face of the education industry in the future.
Furthermore, there are three types of machine learning models. They are listed below:
Incorporating Machine Learning In Education
- Adaptive Learning
Often students’ behaviours and their data are used to analyze the result and future of a student. But if modified teaching methods and ML are adapted by teachers, then each student will have a bright future and no bad grades. The new learning path will help the student succeed in the area of their interest.
And these paths can be provided to the students through courses and material based on their knowledge, grades, skills, previous history, learning style, and preference. Furthermore, teachers can also make use of ML algorithms to make the content a bit smarter and intuitive in a small time frame.
- Improved assessment & grading of students
Many students have complained that teachers often favour students whom they like the most. They believe that teachers are biased and give their favourite students extra grace marks in assessments. However, that is not the case, all teachers are fair. But seeing the increasing allegations, educators are in demand of a more advanced grading system. However, if machine learning is involved in education, it will help enable fair assessments. Plus, it can easily be used in multiple formats like a paper essay, written assessments, presentations, etc.
The main benefit of the advanced grading tool will be that it can efficiently analyze structure, plagiarism, language, in-depth narrative, and much more. Machine Learning will quickly evaluate accurate results of students’ abilities and reduce the chances of human error.
- Boosting motivation of learners
Generic eLearning courses can be quite devastating when their aspects are dull and have less learning motivation in them. But if twice is given to it by introduction machine learning can change the whole face of education. Its algorithm will monitor students’ progress and will provide them tailored content that will enhance the knowledge of the students.
This will give the student exactly what they need to achieve that goal. And these days’ online platforms are the best way to fill the remaining gap and develop vital bases and skills. Therefore a good course will for sure attract a student and motivate them to take it up, also the extra usages of gasification and Chatbots will boost student’s engagement and percentage of student who is willing to learn more.
Projects designed with the help of Machine learning for students’ Education
- Cognitive Assistant is developed by a company named Hubert.ai. It is designed to turn the survey of students into a speaking test. It asks follow-up questions from students. This system uses ML algorithms, which help it to make a deeply smart, and efficient analysis that automatically categorizes feedbacks. It is believed that in the future it will help in making the assessment more engaging and effective in education for students.
2. Quizlet Learn is also another most popular educational tool based on an ML algorithm. It helps the student to prepare themselves for different quizzes and tests. The main purpose of this algorithm is to prepare a small study guide for students from their textbooks and revision materials.
3. MobyMax is also a project created with the help of ML and Al technologies. It is designed to bring together a curriculum for K-B subjects. It complies with lessons and helps fill in the learning gaps for each student. Every student gets the opportunity to have separate lesson sheets and practical plans. Students can also enjoy games, different contests, and much more.
4. “Smart Tutors” have steadily succeeded their way in the education system. Thanks to this advanced project lectures are now being easily and quickly transformed into flashcards, smart video guides and tutorials, assessment quiz and much more. All this is included to boost students’ confidence and motivation. It even provides secure and complete access to students 24/7. Therefore, there won’t be any doubt labelling it as an ed-tech body that holds machine learning for most of the education institutes worldwide.
The revolution brought by ML and AL to education has changed the face of education for students. Both of these learning programs offer high-quality education to students based on their skills and background. More advancement is expected by both students and teachers in ML technologies in the upcoming years.
Though these technologies are useful as well as exciting, however, one must never forget that every good technology should be used with caution to protect the privacy of students and teachers and keep education transparency up to mark. Hopefully in the future student will benefit more from Machine learning.